Thursday, March 9, 2023

Hillsboro Street Exit in Raleigh, NC Closed. Inside Job.

 I speculated when it was breaking that the exit to downtown Raleigh and the FairGround in Raleigh's Capitol - Hillsboro Street - was Closing for Water Main Repair that it was potentially NOT the case.  I mean, it's right next to the main entrance to the Capitol!  I actually used to live off that road, walking distance from NC State.

I said,

"Hillsboro St. Exit Closed for water Main Repair? I doubt it!!!!!!!!"

I found out in an early morning from WRAL that, in fact, my speculation was 'on the mark'.

It turns out the closure is entirely due to security concernes, and the city was completely transparent about it. They said they were closing thi exit to protect the state capitol. 

So kudos to WRAL for the early morning reporting!!!

DDu 3/9/23

No comments:

Post a Comment