Sunday, April 16, 2023

Liberty Ain't All What It's Cracked Up to be...

 It's Sun, 2:57 PM on April 16th, this foul year of out Lord and messiah Twenty Twenty-Three.

I stand here, United with My church of choice, the United... Methodist... Faith!

I recently started dating a baptist republican, and she had some choice words about how "oh... you know, the United Methodist Faith is a little, well... ya kno...".

I took it for what it was worth,

but I responded (as considering converting to her faith of choice),

I always thought that the Baptist Faith, esp. the Southern Baptist faith was far less permissive than the Methodist Faith, like - by a large margin, like really really technically not permissive at all - ya, know... about sex out of wedlock, honkey tonkying, not attending church every sun. and sun. school etc.?

This hadn't, over a couple of adult beverages, occurred to her...  But I still thought,

this "Disaffiliation" conundrum is a tome and emblematic of My Pittsboro United Methodist Church...

So I did some thinking,

and I think - I'm NOT going to convert,

and just accept that in some areas United Methodists can be LGTBQ.

I accept it,

I'm forever - dear Jehova - United,

with the United Brethren "Right Side" of the United Methodist Church,

but also with the Episcopalian "Methodist" Left-Side of our faith & denomination: 

When it comes to lgtbq issues, I accept trans/gay/ etc. preachers in my church now and forever...  thnx

So we are United!

DDU/IDU

R.T. Stillwell

No comments:

Post a Comment