Friday, April 21, 2023

DDU FOUNDER Brendan O'Connell's "38th Anniversary Address"

 I woke up with morn', in a fit of heaving whooping and bouts of heavy hangover from the Jack I'd mixed with Coke Zero, and immediately thought to myself, "How the fuck am I supposed to care about my Birthday, When I can't even get used to all this Death!"

Slowly I soothed myself back to sleep,

and dreamt of Loves past,

old hallways and corner rooms, girls in socks and hollow sex stares with gazes of independence.

I thought she would never hurt me, I dreamt!

The bell is tolling.

Tolling, pulling all of us to sleep.

The loved ones we lose,

stay in my heart and in my dreams,

the physical is just the means to the end of Creation,

The tide of order.

I'd start screaming in night terrors about freezing to Death in stardust,

looking into a warm war-lover's eyes,

pulling me to sleep,

the loved one's I've lost in my life give me

a sort of survivor guilt - How can we stand here idly alive,

with so much death...


DDU 4/21/2023

No comments:

Post a Comment