Friday, December 3, 2021

Happy Holidays

Here are some pictures I just found from when I was a big promoter DJ out west... thot it mite be cool 4 da fanz~ 

CHAMPION DJ





custom flyer for a friday DIY show I threw all by myself at the Bobo.
This was actually one of our crews first shows...  You can see pretty evidently how hardcore we were into our dutchies :PASS THE DUTCHIE TO THE LEFT HAND SIDE"
more DIY shit
this flyer was pretty cool above.  Our concept was, since rap was really really big at the time, we'd get people to actually make it to the show to see some underground hip hop MC/DJ biz - and then hit em with fast tempo jungle breaks and dub bass, drum n bass style.  worked fairly well I'd say.
originally we thought the phrase was "WORD IS BORN", but as it turns out - the actual slang is 'word is bond'
cool weekly we did for ages with this scratch DJ named Krumbz (great guy, master at scratchin')




more little D.I.Y. shows - we were just tryin to GET UP - noam sayne?

theres me outside of this cafe I used to frequent in west asheville.

I used to be good once...
I used to be gorgeous.






I used to be gorgeous...



you can find some of these mixes on my soundcloud page - www.soundcloud.com/clip-1

No comments:

Post a Comment