Thursday, December 7, 2023

Man Shot on Avon Lake Drive in Durham Last Night

 The rates of violent crime are up, and there was another violent crime committed when a man was shot near Martin Luther King Blvd in Durham, a road called Avon Lake Drive.  The story is just breaking from last night, and the perpetrator of this gun crime is still on the loose.  

These gun crimes happening over and over in my home county are getting hard to stomach.  I know it ain't realistic to think it's gonna probably happen to me, however it always could.  I basically have a mentality that as soon as I walk out of my barricaded downtown flat, I have absolutely no illusion of safety or security.

It's as the deceased cop's wife Dominique Rivera said at her husband's funeral: "No one is safe any more."

I don't know the statistics on crime rates,

however,

I think the worst clusterfuck of Biden's lack of leadership (he's vacant from almost every standard duty of his elected office) are the rates of Urban Decay and violent gun assault.  Where can we find solace?

By living,

by living to see another day,

and living to see another administrator of the executive office.

*UPDATE: The man who was shot is expected to survive thank god, and it seems due to some evidence that it may have been a drive by shooting.

DDU2024

No comments:

Post a Comment