Tuesday, November 28, 2023

All Around, Tumult & Chaos

 Amidst the best of humanity, we find ourselves in war.  Tumultuous times are all around the world, in warfare, starving suffering.  War. Tumult...  Chaos presides, spiraling out death and destruction in it's spires.  What calamity could befall humankind next?  No one presumes to know.  Perhaps speculation is better left to politicians and talking heads, however I find it intriguing how 'off the mark' they oft' are.

Why would we find recompense in anything but gift giving?

I don't know, but the chaotic and brutal realities of the Israeli war with Hamas seems to be showing signs of getting worse, far different than I might have suspected.  I presumed Israel's forces would have dominated Hamas' defenses so aptly that they would have no fight left.

Yet last night I learned they are very much still in the fight.

This is a sore tragedy.

Why not a white flag?

Can't we get back to the status quo?

I've never seen any bloodshed in warfare quite like this, and Israel's "9/11" on October 7th seems like some kind of bad dream, a nightmare come true.  It's a battle, a war, an occupation.  Who will be redeemed?  Will redemption ever come through violence?

I've seen much tumult in the world, and God. must. be. groaning.

The gnashing of teeth,

and much ado.

IDU2023

No comments:

Post a Comment