Monday, January 29, 2024

3 American Soldiers Killed in Drone Attack

I'm in a state of grievous mourning.  I cannot fathom the innate suffering caused by the advent of the new "Killer Robot" technology as we call our Drone fleets in the U.S.  Three American servicemen were slain early yesterday by so-called Drones, Shaheeds from Russia/Iran.  The tragedy, of course, has to do with the literal physical pain and injury caused to the troops who were murdered.  But further, the much overlooked loss of family/friends of those who knew the soldiers who perished.

I suppose the American populous, and even the recommendations of psychiatrists, are right to believe it wrong to watch and as such ignore the News.  I've had people, on several occasion upon lamenting various tragedies gleaned from Headlines, recommend I ignore the news or refrain from viewing the news.  I commend them on their steely patriotism, transcending party lines and uniting the nation much like the Olympics, which victoriously springs forth every four years...

However,

the idea that one should be a mere animal 'ostrich' and stick ones head in a hole in the sand seems to me to be fairly, I dunno, let's just say 'motarded'.  While the nation was transfixed by the play-offs on t.v. this Sunday, I however decided to refrain and focus on issues of import, such as our over-arching wars on terrorism & communist authoritarianism.  We should not allow ourselves to merely write this story of Three U.S. soldiers being blasted to bits by a goddamned Robot off.  It's sickening.

I blame Obama for the overwhelming use of Drone Warfare by our enemies.  Perhaps it would have naturally come to this point.  Who knows?  However, Obama (I even commented at the time) seemed to think of hisself as the 'Drone Strike Emperor' in a way, giving the greenlight to officials to "pragmatically" facilitate drone strikes on known terrorists in the Middle East.  He was the first POTUS to use drones, to a degree, to this extent and I just remember under his leadership seeing story after story of something to the effect of "Isis terrorist killed in drone strike" so often I even noted it being a terrible strategy for warfare at the time.

Once the United States crosses that battle line, we cannot return.  Once we, as a beacon of light, start using bitch moves like drone strikes it opens up the door to our enemies doing precisely the same thing.  That is occurring now.  To see our young men and women being murdered by gaddamned robots is disturbing in a way I never could have imagined.  It is so wrong and ungodly it defies further description.

R.I.P. to our 3 soldiers.

DDU.IDU24

No comments:

Post a Comment