Friday, November 8, 2019

On the Debate Over the Confed'rate Monument in Pittsboro, NC

I haven't much to say about the confederate monument in the center of our little oasis of a county seat, Pittsboro NC that hasn't been said already.  It's been picking up a strange gate of corporate coverage, but I can tell by their placing the news on Pittsboro always near the end of the news broadcast that it must surely still be a subject of great import!

I'd suppose I could sum up my own opinion on the matter in the words of an Elderly Chapel Hill man I interviewed during the debate at the Ag Center...  that is - "The Monument has been there damned near 100 years and it never bothered anybody."

I agree,
When we grew up in this area as school children no one really even commented on the statue and if the local Americans of African Heritage in Chatham had reservations about the monument they didn't say much about it earlier.

I don't know about you,
but something stinks about the whole affair.

I think there is definitely something rotten in Denmark...

...only instead of Denmark,
It's...

you know.


Pittsboro

So I guess as a quasi local of P-Dot I can only ask,

"Why are people complaining now?"

Hard to say, but let's look at the situation as if it were a mathematical formula...


DYLAN ROOF + CONFEDERATE FLAG = OFFENSIVE


Well,
let me - without once again referencing 'racial threat' - merely state that the DOC and the Protesters on the right are far from Dylan Roof-like.  I mean just take a look!

But that does seem to be how folks on the left view it!



Dylan Roof was big into confederate counter-culture and killed Americans of African Descent in CHURCH!!!


"Hate Crime" hardly even covers it.

I mean what Dylan Roof (and other bad actors) did really does reflect on the confederate flag waving protesters in favor of the monument staying!
But let me tell you,
the truth is far from this socio-psychological blind spot.

Look,
Just because ONE person ruins it for everyone doesn't mean that the bad apple is representative of Republicans as a whole!  It's just the fact of the matter.

I liked what one Tea Party protester holding a confederate flag said to a young Black Lives Matter protester...

"I literally have a picture of Michael Jordan and **** ***** standing under Silent Sam (a monument that got trashed by anti-fa protesters in Orange Co.), two of the most prominent black men to ever play the sport in North Carolina."

And it's true!

The radical anti-fa is not constitutive of your average young counter culturalist just as Dylan Roof isn't constitutive of your average Tea Party Patriot.

We just need to get beyond all this cross-partisan confusion and tumult and get down to brass tax-

"What's best for the people of America?"


RT STILLWELL
Domestic Democracy United 2019









No comments:

Post a Comment