Friday, November 3, 2017

"I Spent Halloween in the Stir": On the Opiod Crisis

Recently, to avoid pulling hours doing community service, I had the honor of spending 24 hours in jail on halloween night...

It was a very special thing that I decided to do, as halloween is a time for scary ghosts, ghouls and goblins.  There was no shortage of ghouls inside the cell block I was staying in.

There's not much to tell about the time I spent in solitary confinement, but I came out of there next morning with a new hatred for minority gang activity.  Through the walls I could hear blacks and hispanics talking to each other in gang speak, and it really made me ill.

This rap oriented dialect or slang is not only vaguely threatening and explicitly obscene, but a frightful degradation of the english language!

So with that in mind, what I'd like to say is that - as per halloween - gangs and yae the gang members themselves are definitively, absolutely and objectively "evil".  I loathe the black market that starves poor souls and fills the gluttonous pockets of criminal cartels.  I can only hope that the law enforcers arrest more gang bangers and send them for reform in the harshest way possible.  These gangs only exist due to the illicit black market, and with out this type of illegal activity going on our country would be safer, more secure and far more appropriate of a place for law abiding citizens to raise their families in.

So that brings us to the opiod crisis or "epidemic".
We have been hearing a lot about it on the television and in white house briefings recently, and it might seem startling to some to have the lazer lens focused so dramatically on this issue of late.

But I can tell you,
the crisis is a real one.

Synthetic opiods are often times much much stronger than opium or heroin, and they are ravenously addictive. 
Opiod addiction is a serious epidemic because these tiny little white pebbles turn their victims into zombie-like fiends, who want nothing more than their next fix...  I've seen it first hand!

Opiod pills, in the hands of drug dealers selling such synthetic chemicals as Perks, Vicadins, Codeine, and Oxycontin on the black market are literally eating away at the structure of western civilization.  It's a tragedy for the users, yes.  But more than that, these criminal gangs providing the black market opiods are assaulting law and order.  It's a serious issue indeed...

Let me tell you about a first hand experience of opiod use ending in utter tragedy:

I had neighbors living next to me for a time who were a small single child family of seventh day adventist christians.  I remember seeing their young daughter outside my window from time to time...  A young pretty little innocent christian girl, just graduated from high school.

Pretty soon I started noticing cars of hip youngsters pulling in and out of her driveway often.  I thought nothing of it at the time, but what was really going on under the surface was the definition of what we're talking about when we talk about the "epidemic" of opiod use.

The mother told me one day that their house had been broken into while they were out of town...

Shocking!

I assumed it must have been one of the daughters drug abusing friends, as did she.

Well time passed and after several months I noticed the kids car was gone, and the family was moving away.  I asked my other neighbor about it and she broke the news.

This young girl had overdosed on dirty opiods.

Dead.

Gone forever...

Because of the opiod crisis.


Just because you don't see the opiod crisis doesn't mean it isn't there.

It's going on just underneath the surface every day all over our country.

I say, it's time to put a stop to it.

I applaud Trump on taking a firm and timely stand on the opiod problem, and I can only pray that we can - perhaps by legalizing marijuana - teach children about the dangers of opiod addiction.  These youngsters need to know the truth about drug use...

That is, pot and shrooms etc. aren't going to kill you.  Most teens experiment with them at some point and that's just the reality of it.  But these little white happy pill pebbles being dealt on the black market aren't anything like the fairly innocuous marijuana puff.  They are viciously addictive substances that will ruin a young bright person's life.

We all remember being told,
"One puff of weed and you'll be down the gateway to harder drugs and never return."
We need to teach children more honestly, because while pot use may lead to interest in psychedelia (which I believe can be a good for a person), it doesn't have to lead to deathly dangerous narcotics like opiod pills.

We need to teach the children to steer decisively clear from these opiods through honest discussions about recreational drug use.

... and that's exactly what this new anti-opiod narrative coming from Trump's white house is doing!  Focusing the "war on drugs" to be more of a "war on opiods".

Now we just need a little transparency about the reality of recreational drug use.

The fact is, there is nothing recreational about opiod addiction.  It's not recreational - as in 'fun' - at all.  It's a disease.

I say,
Let's bring the hammer down and cure America!

RT Stillwell
Domestic Democracy United 2017

No comments:

Post a Comment