Friday, August 28, 2015

The Character of Conservatism in Our Age

Conservative.
Everyone wants the title attached to their name.  They'll say, "Oh I'm fiscally conservative" or "I'm for the conservation of natural resources which makes me a conservative of sorts..."

But these are misnomers.  It takes work to be a conservative republican, and I mean more than watching Fox News, more than voting even.  One must live the life of the traditions of our Republic.  That means keeping the ancient hermeneutical fire burning and carrying it on throughout all ages.  This is no easy task.  The gaggle of leftists seems intent to douse this eternal flame every chance they get, it would seem at times.  They want to do away with traditions...  they want something new.

And they've got it.

But I say the future ruler of the world is not Capitalism or Communism - IT'S CHRIST!
The future belongs to us.
We're on the winning side.

Oh we can give up hope.  we can give up on life.  we can give up on love.

But there is one truism in the eschatology of Hope that I think should bring joy to even the most hardened cynic, and it is as such:  The holy spirit.

You know I have a record I found at a second hand shop I like to play from time to time called "Standing Room Only".  It's about how when the FINAL JUDGEMENT comes, it will be to late to get down on one's knee's and pray.

So I implore - next time you pray (and god really does hear your prayers even if he doesn't answer them) - go to your bedroom, close the door behind you, get down on your knee's and don't bless little billy or poor aunt suzy with the hemorrhoid problem.  Repent.  Say, "God, I realize I've sinned against you with my wicked imagination.  I'm so sorry for the way I've been living, please find it in your heart to forgive me, a hapless sinner."

And I'll have you know, he will heal you of ALL ailments and afflictions, and forgive them as well.  We just merely need to drop our foolish pride and let Christ take our hand and lead us to victory!


We will have victory,  victory in jesus.
But we need more of the population of america praying and going to church and repenting, otherwise I fear what could happen to a unrepentant nation (esp. after the gay marriage ruling).

But that's what conservatism really IS!
It's %100 connected to white anglo-saxon protestantism.

So join us on the darkside brethrin!  We have cookies!  Not just oreos or that drivel you buy at the store but heavenly cookies like the one brought to a bloodied Moliere at the beginning of Amadeus.

Really tasty cookies.

follow me on twitter for regular updates: https://twitter.com/clipandcarbine

Thanks a ton.  God Bless America!

DDU 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment