In today's screed I'd like to briefly expound upon Existentialism/Phenomenology I've gleaned from a seminal work of the Continent, Hegel's "Phenomenology of Spirit". To sum it up, it has to do with actively living passionately, and being concerned in regards to Ethics as such. Morality in Hegel's works are powerfully Reformationist. What is termed a "dialectic" can be seen in Hegel by way of the much maligned "Thesis, Anti-Thesis, Synthesis". I won't delve into the common misinterpretations of Hegel's authorship when it comes to this philosophical formula, however I'll simply lay out a basic dichotomy when it comes to Hegelian existentialism. That is the difference between "Neo-Hegelian" and "Paleo-Hegelian". Neo-Hegelian interpretation views Hegel's three part "Thesis, Anti-Thesis, Synthesis" in an Historical worldview. Paleo-Hegelianism views the work's of G.W.F. Hegel in a fundamentally Christian sense. So if you inquire into liberal intellectuals regarding their view point on evolution, historically, they generally dote on about how history is always moving towards a kind of Utopia as such. They believe that history evolves, much like Neo-Hegelians such as Karl Marx.
My worldview is a stark contrast to such effete misinterpretations.
For the Paleo-Hegelian mindset, the three part "Thesis, Anti-Thesis, Synthesis" philosophical facility has little to do with warfare, societal evolution or lofty dreams of a perfect society emerging from a quasi-physical dialectic.
The Paleo-Hegelian dialectic is, a priori, simply a strategy of Hegel's authorship. His dialectic, obsessed over oft' times in late night bull-sessions, is a three part equation (if you will).
I'll tie the three part strategy Hegel facilitates to something simple that most people can understand, cooking pasta.
Thesis (prt. 1)
Water
Anti-Thesis (prt. 2)
Uncooked pasta
Synthesis (prt. 3)
Water + Pasta = Dinner
I hate to be so blithe and sophomoric, however this 3 part structure is simply how Hegel writes. It's not - for me at least - to do with historical evolution. It's not atheist. In fact, Hegel references Christ and his teachings, putting biblical Truth in the purview of Intellectualism. People have commented that G.W.F. Hegel only references Christian doctrine to outdo Immanuel Kant, who was censored by the Church during his time. Basically, Kant wasn't permitted in the culture of the time due to his atheism.
But, to sum this brief diatribe up,
NEO-HEGELIANISM is the academically accepted form of Hegel's phenomenology/existentialism.
PALEO-HEGELIANISM is primarily a Christian, and to a point Protestant, interpretation of the works of Hegel.
The synthesis between the two???
I'd say the synthesis is the reality we live in, in which non-Protestant and fundamentalist Christians exist in the reality of this age, the grim foul year of our Lord: 2026
Stick to Politalk!!!
We'll be updating with new content as much as possible.
For my readers who don't visit regularly, I just would like to note that I keep new content updates often. I once knew someone who was really psyched about their social media posts, right? Anyhow, he wasn't updating the top of his feed regularly, so there really was no way to develop a fan base...
Here's some snapshots of my statistics, so - y'kno...
So ya'll feel like your not alone!
Domestic Democracy United 26
International Democracy United 26


No comments:
Post a Comment