So today what do I find in the newsreel? I find that one of the most prominent West Coast MC rap stars to ever grace the mic, Tupac Shakur, has been redeemed in a court of Law. In court today a man was found guilty of murdering Tupac. That is definitely murder man, and as much as we'd all like to find ourselves in The Purge,
Murder is against the law.
It's a damn shame in many respects, because what do we have in this case? To quote The Offspring, one guy goes to jail, the other guy's life goes to waste.
Murder man,
that's all she wrote!
It's weird to think about gangster rap as such nowadays. In the youth movement of rap hip hop, styles are always evolving. And I would say that a lot of people involved in the deep authentic Urban music culture, probably would not be bout it bout it when it comes to Tupac Shakur's rapping style.
I don't know maybe I'm wrong, but kids in my grade were talking "inside job" regarding Tupac's murder when I was in the fifth grade! As I recall they didn't even really have that vocal auto-tune effect back then I don't know maybe I'm wrong. But I can tell you that hip hop and Urban music in general has come a long way.
And for me as somebody who's been death threatened for being a prominent DJ I'm not going to go and do it a lot here...
I don't want to toot my own horn too much.
But I think this is Justice for somebody who left our great Earth far too young...
So I guess to say in some respect, hip hop artists and Urban music artists have gotten Justice for their style today. I mean I really have dealt with some hardcore s*** on the streets man.
And when something like this gang crime happens it's, in a way, kind of a hate crime against innovators in the urban arts.
I mean as somebody who's been practicing MCing since I was in high school, I can tell you that it does often have bad repercussions for one to engage in the Hip Hop elements.
The Hip Hop elements as we used to take quite seriously, are fourfold.
1) MCing
2) DJing
3) Graffiti Art
4) Dancing
Now why would somebody engage in this style of music? I don't know people can answer that for themselves on some level. However I've seen the dark side. On the streets, if a man be an artist such as a rapper,
Often times b**** n****** get ugly.
If you stick out like a sore thumb due to your living the gangstas life,
It can make you enemies.
So as somebody who has made a lot of enemies in the DJ circuit etc.
As somebody who, I can realistically say, may actually get a cap popped in their ass, considering my reputation,
As well as somebody who finds theirselves in similar shoes, kind of...
I think that the redemption of Tupac's life, art and legend?
Is a great victory of Justice.
And also a great victory to anybody involved in
Competitive sound clash DJing/MCing
.......
Domestic democracy United 2026

No comments:
Post a Comment