Saturday, September 21, 2024

A philosopher's hunch

 A new day and a New horizon of the new philosopher. Many people find themselves consternated, and literally compelled into confusion, by caring more about physical consumer grade objects than about the ancient hermeneutical flame of philosophy let alone the ancient belief systems of Calvin and Hobbes. When one gives up on tradition, one is willing to accept anything as a kind of subjective truism. But for those of us who actually take philosophy seriously, we find our compatriots and countrymen stuck in a rut. Without the ancient stone that the builder refused, Christ, our infrastructure goes in the tank.  People often times today believe in art as such. I'm here to tell you that the only true form of art nowadays is architecture, and even that is going all to hell! Apollo was the god of the visual arts. Dionysus was the god of wine and musical revelry. I am of the character of Dionysus. I look at everything I see and I realize phenomenologically that I can't trust my own vision. Many people cease to believe in life itself. They are guided amiss by unvetted technology. I found a story today in the news on the war in Israel, that they gave the enemy rigged beepers and cell phones, which they could trigger to blow up. And blow up they did! So, if Israel would do that to zombeavers, Hezbollah and Hamas, isn't it likely that some of the products that we use and buy in America that are from the asiatics would do the same type of thing? Nowadays everybody loves a hunch. I think that's why my girlfriend loves me so much I've got an old wealth hunch. Many people have a hunch and they'll nudge you so you can take a hint, but the philosopher's hunch is a sacred thing. You read these letters here today from a devout philosopher. It might not be the most rational philosophy in the world, but existentialism and phenomenology allow us to come up with hunches on issues of social import, without the let's say just making it up with no fundamental hermeneutics attached. Although hermeneutics itself, is forbidden by my denomination United Methodist. I also understand that John Wesley the inventor of Methodistism poo poo'd philosophy.  Despite the disadvantages of being an unaged existentialist, I find that the passion aspect of reveling and Dionysus to really bring one to a kind of understanding of our creator. That's what makes me philosophically a creationist! Most people consider it common sense that people, human kind, animals, came to be the way they are today after eons and eons of what Darwin called small slow but sure incremental steps. But when we really look at ourselves and we look at nature and we look say at all of our engineering techniques that we come up with, is it really that likely that a fish turned into a squirrel and a squirrel turned into a deer and a deer turned into you and me or any of that make any sense now? I've noticed recently it's beginning to make a lot less sense to a lot of people! So remember everybody, it's as William F Buckley Jr said, the left has ideology... 

The right wing has philosophy 

Ddu2024

No comments:

Post a Comment